Are you new to the travel industry or a seasoned travel professional looking to explore becoming a Home Based Travel Agent?
Today, there are many flexible options for having an exciting career in the Travel Industry. Some Travel Agents choose to work with a team in a storefront location or office tower, and others are now choosing to explore a new work environment… that of the Home Based Travel Agent. Whether you are a seasoned travel professional or looking to start a second career that capitalizes on your sales ability, love of travel, and running your own travel business, a Home Based Travel Agent business model may be right for you.
Establishing yourself as an Independent Travel Agent with the right support network is easier than ever before. To be successful, you will need a computer, excellent sales and customer service skills, good organizational skills, and we highly recommend the support of an ACTA Member Travel Agency that specializes in working with home based Travel Agents.
There are many reasons Travel Agents are exploring being a Home Based Travel Agent including:
- You control your work hours – and you set your schedule
- Less commuting
- Ability to work around family time
- Create your own personal work-life environment
- Focus your selling success to the types of travel and the destinations that excite you
Should any of these reasons peak your interest, then you may be the perfect candidate to develop a business as an Independent Home Based Travel Agent.
In researching what Host Agency organization is the best fit for you, it is essential to review the tools and resources that you need to be successful:
- Relevant education and training that assists you to reaching your business goals
- On-going head office support and a network of colleagues to assist when needed
- Access to results orientated tools that assist you to sell and service your clients effectively
- Marketing assistance to help you reach new clients and ensure contact with existing clients
- Easy to understand accounting and back-office support for your business
- A lucrative commission structure
- Opportunities for ‘hands on’ learning and continued education
- Provision of Errors & Omissions insurance or direction provided on how to procure this
- Support as a member of ACTA and operates under the Code of Ethics set out by the Travel Agency and Travel Agent Association
The following list includes just a few of the Home Based Travel Agency options, operating within the Canadian marketplace, that are committed to following the ACTA code of ethics. This is a partial list of ACTA members who offer host agency networks nationally serving 50+ Independent Travel Agents and provided for informational purposes only. ACTA encourages you to find a Host Agency that aligns with your personal brand and interests.
You choose the work environment that best suits your travel career goals – a storefront location, or the Home Based Travel Agent option or perhaps even a combination of both. Please see ACTA's Travel Directory for a full listing of our Travel Agency members.
- Go Travel
- Nexion Canada
- The Travel Agent Next Door
- Tier One Travel
- Transat Agent@ Home
- Travel Edge
- Travel Masters
- Travel Only
- Travel Professionals International (TPI)
- Vision Travel
- YYZ Travel
This sample listing includes just a few of the Home Based Travel Agency options, operating within the Canadian marketplace, that are committed to following the ACTA code of ethics. This is a partial list of ACTA members who offer host agency networks nationally serving 50+ Independent Travel Agents and provided for informational purposes only ACTA member agencies who offer an official program and support a home based agent format and wish to be listed here can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.